Monday, April 8, 2013

Blog Post on Asking!


I personally have very mixed feelings about asking for money and stuff. One side of me says what is wrong with asking for money or help. If someone is willing to give they why stop them form giving? But on the other side when is enough, enough its time to let the person go out and earn it. Emotionally this is where I am torn. In my own life I have dealt with this “give and take” scenario multiple times and I have seen both sides of the spectrum. My main life example would be through mission trips.

While in high school I would go on mission trips over the summer. My thought on going was, I was out of school and had a lot of time on my hands. What is so wrong with me spending that time helping someone on a mission trip? In some ways it benefited me more emotionally to spend my energy and time over the summer bettering someone’s life, and to know that I made a difference. Over my four years I saw amazing transformations, and the look on the peoples faces knowing that their life has been bettered through use coming. This correlates to this Ted talk in that here I am willing to spent my money and time and energy to better someone else’s life just like the people were willing to give a dollar her and their or even ten bucks just because they felt they needed too.  But there are also the people who I just look at and go haven’t you asked for enough.

Where I am form we have government funding housing in the community. I personally think that government housing is a great net to catch someone form falling down to the homeless level. But what I don’t agree with is the people who are live in government funding housing who are more than willing to better their life but ask for more and more. Or like the billionaire asking form money its not necessary or right. I feel like asking is not a bad thing but their definitely needs to be limits and the people who ask for something need to at least have something to give in return even if it has no monetary value at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment