Tuesday, April 9, 2013

TED Talk- Andrew Anderson


The TED talk you had us watch this week was very interesting.  This topic her talk is on is a very difficult one for me.  On one side, asking for help is a great thing to do.  First off, you have to humble yourself to ask another person for help.  When she is talking about connections, when you open yourself up so much as to ask a question, there is no greater connection two strangers can make.  On the other side of it, I also think that people should earn what they have.  People need to still have some work ethic and know how to get things done on their own.  If I compared my opinion to the speakers, I am much less for asking for help and much more for earning it.  The way she gave her music away and if her fans liked it they could donate was cool. Unfortunately, the way she was suggesting that it would work for a lot of other things, I think is wrong.  When it gets down to it, to determine whether her idea of if asking for money works, you have to ask much deeper questions.  She obviously thinks that all people are good.  An important question is do you think all people are good?  If you think so then maybe her idea could work, but if not, it would be an awful disaster.  I would like to be optimistic and think that all people in the world are good but I can’t.  There is too much evil and stealing and killing in this world to think that everyone in the world is good.  I think the reason this worked for her was because of the type of audience her music targeted.  Her audience thought the same as her, so it worked out but I do not think it could work on any other level.

No comments:

Post a Comment