Monday, March 25, 2013

Spring Break at home!


My spring break was filled with awesomeness. Unlike most of the people I know I didn’t go down to the beach or to Florida or out of the States in general. I just simply went to the place I call home Columbia, South Carolina. My spring break consisted of golfing with friends and my father, working in the yard, getting my truck, just living life at home and absolutely no school work.

While on spring break I played golf three times at two different courses. The first round was at The Club at Rawls Creek and I played with some friends from high school. The second round was at Goldenhills Country Club with my roommate. The final round was back at The Club at Rawls Creek with my father. All rounds of golf were fun and I learned that I needed to practice more before I plan on playing again. While playing golf was fun I also had other work that my grandfather and grandmother needed help with.

While on my spring break at helped my grandma do laundry and I helped my grandfather with re-sodding his front yard and racking leaves. While both activates where not fun being able to hangout with my grandparents was well worth the extra work because I don’t get to see them as much as I used too. Some things I learned is that re-sodding a yard is some hard work and being bored at the laundry mat is no fun. The highlight of the week was defiantly driving a truck all week only to figure out I get to keep it and bring it back to Clemson with me.

My new truck is a Ford Ranger XLT. My dad got it for me and allowed me to drive it all week. At first I wasn’t going to be able to take it back to Clemson but then my dad just deicide that I could so I was very happy. Along with all the hard work and driving my truck I also liked just sleeping in my own bed and eating my mothers cooking and seeing my dog. My overall spring break experience was great and I am so ready for summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment