Thursday, January 24, 2013

Facebook Profile Picture- Sarah Anne Semke


My current Facebook profile picture is a photo of myself with my friends Rebecca and Laura. This picture was taken at our friends house before our Semi-formal function with our sorority Kappa Alpha Theta. I believe the message in this picture is the friendship between Laura and Rebecca and I has developed over the semester. The three of us did not know each other at the beginning of the semester. We all three pledged Kappa Alpha Theta and got involved in the Junior PanHellenic Council. Together the three of us worked on the all sorority/fraternity function called “Fall Fling” hosted by the Junior PanHellenic Council. It was a large time commitment and it required patience, creativity, and determination. Together the three of us with the other representatives from all the other sororities made Fall Fling a huge success.  The three of us also attended lots of new member meetings, Chapter meetings, and various other Theta activities in the first semester that helped us bond. I did not only bond with those two, I have created friendships with many of my new sorority sisters that I am so thankful for. I came down to Clemson only knowing a few other students, to be welcomed and feel belonged by Kappa Alpha Theta made all the difference for me. Theta has given me a home and support group I can look to in times of happiness or sadness, stress or fun.
This picture was taken at the very end of the semester when all of our work was behind us and it created a beautiful friendship. I think what this picture says about me is that I truly value these girls and that I am so glad to have met them. This picture commemorates a very fun evening that I won’t forget. The smile on my face represents how well my first semester at Clemson went and how happy I am to be a sister of Kappa Alpha Theta sorority. 

No comments:

Post a Comment