Tuesday, February 26, 2013

My Legacy- Andrew Anderson


Back when I was a kid I remember Space Jam as one of my favorite movie.  I used to rock out to the sound track with my friends, which is actually one of my fondest memories of childhood.  Now unlike the little kid in the video, I do not view Michael Jordan’s legacy as this movie.  When I think of the legacy Michael Jordan left and continues to leave, I think of 6 time NBA champion, 5 time NBA most valuable player, 14 time NBA All Star, record for highest career points, and many, many more.  But this is all beside the point; the purpose of this blog post is to say what kind of legacy I want to leave.  I have thought a lot about this before and during college because what major I choose will lead me to the legacy I will leave.  I have always wanted to join the Army and after college I plan on following through with that.  This summer I am going to go through basic training to be in the Army National Guard.  I think this will be temporary until I join the Army, but that is my plan for during college.  I think that alone leaves quite the legacy. After the army, I want to become a distiller.  I find everything about brewing and distilling absolutely fascinating.  It has been in my family for generations and I want to continue that on.  Whether I work for an already established distiller or I start my own brand and use my family recipe, that is what I want to do with my life.  Now I am not exactly sure what type of legacy that will leave, but I hope people think of me as brave, strong, fun loving, and adventurous.  I want people to remember me after I am gone and I want that to be a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment